Fasting:- (Advantages and Disadvantages of Fasting)
Today we will talk about fasting, there is a lot of discussion about it, there is a lot of discussion about its health benefits and many people practice fasting for gain health.
What is Fasting?
Fasting means you stop eating for the particular time. This time can be 12 hours, it can be 8 hours or it can be 24 hours. Sometimes people keep fasting in such a way that they do not eat food for two or three days in a row for a week. When you do not eat anything during fasting, then science says that you can consume some things in which tea, coffee, water and some small amount of fruits can be consumed.
Talking about fasting, this is not a new process, it is a process that has been going on for many years, which we still follow today.
Fasting has been given importance in every religion, whether it is Hindu, fasting in Navratri, whether it is kept in Ramadan or whether it is Buddhism, fasting has been given great importance in all.
Why keep fasting:-
Answers taken according to a survey:-
- First keep fasting because of Religious.
- Many people keep fast to lose weight.
- Now talking about science, keeping fasting maintains your blood pressure, maintains sugar level, lowers cholesterol level and increases your insulin sensitivity to a great extent.
What is the difference between dieting and fasting?
You reduce the intake of calories in the diet.
Whereas in fasting you do not consume calories. You don’t consume calories for a certain period of time.
How many types of fasting are there:-
There are three types of fasting:-
- First, you eat food at particular time and do not eat food at particular time. Which we know as (time restricted feeding).
- Second, you eat food for 1 day, do not eat food for 1 day then eat food for 1 day and do not eat food on next day which we know as alternate day fasting.
- And we will discuss about the third modified fasting.
The second type of fasting was alternate day fasting, in which you do not eat anything, you do not do anything for 24 hours.
With the second type of fasting, science has believed that it reduces your weight, it improves your overall health, but science has also accepted that maintaining alternate day fasting can be difficult.
Now we will talk about modified fasting, which is to be understood, make your 7 day schedule and add that food to it, which gives you 25% calories.
Decide 2 days in a week in which you do not have to consume more than 25% of calories.
Benefits of Fasting:-
- With this you will not have the problem of diabetes. Because by keeping fasting, your blood sugar is maintained.
- But science or it believes that if you have type 1 diabetes, you have diabetes caused by insulin, then you should not keep fasting.
- This causes your weight loss.
- If you have joined gym etc., then fasting can be beneficial for you. This will cause you to lose weight and there will be no effect on your muscles.
- This maintains your blood pressure.
If you have diabetes or heart problem or any medical problem, then definitely discuss it with your doctor before fasting because if you have any medical problem then fasting can put you in more problems.
Fasting food items
- Buckwheat Groats
- Dry Fruit Hub Sabudana Papad
- Vrat Ki Kadhi
- Kuttu Ki Puri
- Sukhi Bhaji (Farali Potato Recipe)
- Sweet Potato Sabzi
- Sabudana Khichdi
Dieting food items
- Low-Fat and Fat-Free Dairy Products
- Beans, chickpeas, lentils, and peas
- Cruciferous vegetables
If you like this post, then share it and follow us on Instagram (@Basicofscience) and many thanks for coming to our site Basic of Science, keep visiting our site for tips related to such health.
Disclaimer: Story tips and suggestions are for general information. Do not take these as the advice of any doctor or medical professional. In the case of symptoms of illness or infection, consult a doctor.