Welcome to all of us in our site basicofscience.com, in this post we will tell about vitamin K and about vitamin K rich supplements.
What is Vitamin K
Vitamin K is a vitamin in the vitamin group that is a fat-soluble vitamin that synthesizes some proteins in our body that act as a blood clot in our body.
In simple language, vitamin K acts as a blood clot in our body.
And this vitamin maintains the right amount of calcium in the bones and tissues in our body and also keeps our bones strong.
Benefits of vitamin K
Vitamins in our body have many benefits. Each different vitamin plays a different role in performing a certain function in the body and vitamin K is important in the formation of blood clots in our body.
Uses of vitamin K for cancer, for the symptoms of morning sickness, for the removal of spider veins, and for other conditions are unproven.
And vitamin k is very useful for the bones of our body and for the health of our heart. Vitamin k protects against heart disease and is very useful for our skin health.
Why should we take vitamin k
We should take vitamin k because it acts on blood clotting from the injury on the body and therefore we should keep taking all the vitamins in our body because each vitamin is for a specific function in our body.
And tell you that there are many types of vitamin k also, like vitamins k1, k2
Best source of vitamin k
1. Kale (cooked) — 443% DV per serving
2. Mustard Greens (cooked) — 346% DV per serving
3. Swiss Chard (raw) — 332% DV per serving
4. Collard Greens (cooked) — 322% DV per serving
5. Natto — 261% DV per serving
6. Spinach (raw) — 121% DV per serving
7. Broccoli (cooked) — 92% DV per serving
8. Brussels Sprouts (cooked) — 91% DV per serving
9. Beef Liver — 60% DV per serving
10. Pork Chops — 49% DV per serving
11. Chicken — 43% DV per serving
12. Goose Liver Paste — 40% DV per serving
13. Green Beans (cooked) — 25% DV per serving
14. Prunes — 24% DV per serving
15. Kiwi — 23% DV per serving
10 Fruits High in Vitamin K
7. Figs (dried)
10. Red Currants
If you like this post, then you share it and follow us on Instagram