A headstand simulates a “face lift” by hanging your skin in the opposite direction, causing the flow of gravity from headrest. The inverted position of a headstand also flows fresh nutrients and oxygen to the face, creating a glowing effect on the skin.
It is derived from the Sanskrit word apex. Head means head. In this posture, the seeker has to stand on the head and balance of hands, hence it is called headstand. This easy is a bit tough, but it is very effective if you want to keep the face bright and healthy for a long time. Since you are standing on your head, blood circulation starts downwards and blood circulation is better towards the face.
How to Do a Headstand: Step-by-Step
- You have to first sit in Vajrasana by laying a bed sheet or mat for headstand. Remember that you sit in such a way that there is enough space for you to bow down.
- While sitting in Vajrasana, with both elbows on the ground, join the fingers of both hands together.
- Now your palms should be upward by joining the fingers of both hands, so that you can support the palms of your head
- Now keep your head on the palms and keep breathing normal while slowly bending forward. Then slowly let the body load on your head.
- In this state, you have to lift your legs towards the sky, just like you stand on your feet and stand upside down.
Benefits of headstand
- Eye defect, hair loss and whitening, blood disorders etc. are cured by practicing this asana.
- This asana is very beneficial in cold and cold.
- Most of the brain related diseases are cured by practicing this asana.
- It cures hysteria and testicles, hernia, constipation etc.
- Head exfoliation improves blood flow, brain becomes active due to increased blood flow in the brain, gland’s functioning is improved, organs located in stomach such as stomach, liver, kidneys etc.
are activated and digestive system remains healthy. . Hunger increases continuously, blood attacks are equally fine. The blood starts to become pure. The heart remains happy.
- ncreases mental strength and eye light. The heart will not panic in doing the most difficult task.
- Headache should be done to get rid of hair related problems ie hair loss problem or premature hair becoming white.
Headstand (Sirsasana) of caution
- Initially, do this asana with the support of the wall and that too under the supervision of Yogacharya.
- While hinging the head from the ground, keep in mind that the head and part of the head are well supported, so that the neck and spine can remain straight.
- Do not lift the legs jerkily. With practice, they automatically rise. • To get back to normal position, do not keep the feet on the ground with a jerk and do not raise the head at all.
- Keep the feet on the ground respectively and come to Vajrasana only after keeping the head between the toes of the hands for some delay.
- People with heart disease, ulcers, dizziness should avoid this asana.
- People who have very high blood pressure also should not do this asana.
- Those who have any complaint in the head, spine, stomach, etc., do not do this asana.
- People who are less visible or have any problem related to the eye, they should not do this asana.
- Sarvangasana must be practiced before performing this asana.
- Tadasana or corpse posture must be done after this asana.
Disclaimer: Story tips and suggestions are for general information. Do not take these as the advice of any doctor or medical professional. In the case of symptoms of illness or infection, consult a doctor.